My First Groupon Deal!





Here's how I snagged a great deal through Groupon....

First, I signed up and requested to receive the daily deals by email.  The city that I signed up for is far enough away that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of many of those deals, but I thought I might find some good national deals that Groupon offers.

A couple of months later I still hadn't purchased my first groupon, but I got a nice little email from Groupon giving me a FREE $10 credit towards my first groupon purchase.  Since there was no way I was going to miss out on that deal, I snatched up the $10 for $20 Bath & Body Works Online groupon using that FREE $10 credit.  I paid nothing and got $20 to purchase something online from Bath & Body Works!

I used the groupon to purchase anti-bacterial hand soap which are on sale right now.  I purchased six hand soaps for $19.98.  I paid a total of $7.34 in tax & shipping and saved $30!  I paid about $1.22 each which is more than I would normally pay for hand soap, but I figure I got a great deal on Christmas gifts {and I couldn't resist keeping a few for myself}.

A few things to remember when you purchase a groupon:

Make sure you read the fine print before you purchase a groupon.  The universal rules for all groupons are: not valid for cash back (unless required by law), must be used in one visit, doesn't cover tax or gratuity, can't be combined with other offers, and can't be used until the day after purchase.  There is also fine print related to each specific deal such as an expiration date and whether or not shipping charges can be included.

Don't forget to purchase a groupon through Ebates or Swagbucks!  Ebates gives 3% cash back for a purchase from Groupon or you can earn 3 Swag Bucks when you purchase a groupon through the Swagbucks site.  Swagbucks also sometimes features a Groupon as the "Deal of the Day" where you can earn hundreds of Swag Bucks by purchasing that deal.

Groupon is a daily deal site that features national and city deals at a discount of 50-90%.  Groupon is able to feature great deals by using collective buying.  You can sign up to purchase a groupon, but you will not be able to purchase the deal until a minimum number of members have signed up.  Once a minimum is met, the deal is "on" and you will see your groupon in your account usually within 24 to 48 hours after purchase.  If the minimum is not met, you are not charged for the deal.  If you don't have a Groupon account, you can sign up here.

0 comments: