Meal Plan Monday - May 16


For the last couple of weeks, I have been able to find split chicken breast on sale for $.99/lb.  I have been  making my own boneless, skinless chicken breasts by cutting the chicken away from the bone {you can see how to do this here}.  After I get as much of the meat off as possible, I take the bones and boil them to get all the little peices of meat off and I usually have more than enough for another meal {this week I'm making chicken pot pie}.  Considering the price of boneless, skinless chicken breasts I have been saving a lot of money AND have been able to offer my family a good variety of meals.



There have been some great deals on chicken, but I did splurge this week and buy a small package of hamburger since we are feeling a craving for something different.  Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:

Breakfast
Cereal
Pancakes
English Muffins & Bananas
Cinnamon & Spice Oatmeal Muffins - These are so good with grated apple mixed into the batter!
 
Lunch
Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Carrots
Ham Sandwiches, Grapes
Taco Macaroni & Cheese - Just add 1 to 2 tbs. of taco seasoning and corn!
Burritos made with leftover Ranch Style Baked Beans and toppings--This probably sounds a little strange, but whenever I make Ranch Style Baked Beans for dinner, we always have a lot left over.  I've been trying to find ways to use up leftovers, and this is my way of using up this recipe so that we don't waste it by throwing it away.
Dinner Leftovers

Dinner
Monday:
  Ranch Style Baked Beans, Hot Dogs, Corn - The recipe that I linked to is similar to the recipe that I use.  I don't use the soup mix or the water in my recipe and I only use 2 tsp. of vinegar and 1/2 c. brown sugar.  I love this recipe--so easy and no one will know that this dish is not "real" baked beans


Tuesday:
    Chicken Pot Pie

Wednesday:
   Spaghetti


Thursday:
   Teriyaki Chicken in Crockpot, Rice, Corn

Friday:
  Tuna Casserole

Saturday:
    Oven Fried Chicken Tenders, veggies

Sunday:
   Leftover Night


Other: I have a bag full of bread end slices in the freezer, so I'm going to make bread pudding this week!


$5 Dinners has a wonderful grocery shopping list with meal plan form and a few other printable planners that you might find helpful in meal planning {not to mention some great money-saving recipes!}.

Get more meal inspiration at Menu Plan Monday 

2 comments:

Robert said...

I have been making my family one night per week all veggie night. This helps with the price of meats going up and I feel it is better for them.
Cracker Barrel serves a veggie plate for a luncheon meal and I have been trying to copy that.

Vanessa said...

I've noticed that many families are doing a once-a-week meatless meal and have been thinking about trying that too {don't tell my husband--he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy :)}.

I've been looking for meatless recipes, and if you have any meatless recipes that you would like to share I would love to try them!