Simply Saving Saturday - February 1



On our last bank statement, I noticed a charge for receiving a paper statement.  This week I went online and signed up for online statements so that we wouldn't have to pay the monthly paper statement fee.  It only took a few minutes and will save us $12 per year.  That might not seem like a lot, but I like to think about it in terms of food....that is about 12 boxes of pasta or 12 cans of spaghetti sauce or 3 gallons of milk or...

This week I cooked a whole chicken that I bought on sale last week and made chicken broth in the crock pot with the scraps.  We tried Chicken Pot Pie Stew that I made on the stove instead of in the crock pot and it turned out delicious!

I was able to buy some ground beef that was on sale for $1.99/lb. this week.

I saved a fancy jar that we received a Christmas gift in; it will be perfect for storing rice!

Our on-going savings:

**Keep heat set at 66 degree during the day and 52 degrees at night.

**Wash laundry in cold water.

**Use online bill pay to pay our bills.

**Earn Swag Bucks for Amazon gift cards that I use to buy gifts.

**Earn Recyclebank points for gift cards, coupons and free magazine subscriptions.

**Husband takes lunch to work everyday.

**Turn lights off when not being used.

**Use scrap paper for notes and lists.

**Drive to town once a week for shopping and errands.  

**Buy less cereal and eat oatmeal and other homemade breakfasts several times a week.

**Reuse plastic and paper shopping bags for small trash and recycling.


Some of the links in this post are referral links. When a new member signs up using my referral link, I receive bonus points for that referral.

2 comments:

Jenn in Indiana said...

Great job, Vanessa! Keep up the good work! God Bless You!

Vanessa M. said...

Thank you Jenn. I hope you and your family are having a good week!